The Materials Engineer will develop, process, combine, and test materials to be used in production. Based on data gathered and expertise, the Materials Engineer will also identify and recommend the most appropriate materials for specific applications.
• Review plans for new products and make recommendations for the selection of materials based on design objectives, such as heat resistance, strength, weight and cost
• Conduct tests on raw materials and finished products to ensure they meet
quality standards and specifications
• Consult with corporate executives and other engineering professionals as
necessary to plan and assess new projects and their objectives
• Liaising with suppliers, customers and manufacturing/development staff
• Providing technical advice about the suitability of materials
• When a material fails, gathers data and analyses the reasons why the
material did not meet specifications.
Requirements & Skills
- Degree in Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering highly preferred; Masters degree desirable.
- At least five years of experience using composite materials either as a materials engineer or a process engineer.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to fully understand customers requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a development team.
- Location Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Salary Offers MYR 4,500 - MYR 6,300
- Experience Level Executive / Senior Executive
- Total Years Experience 5-7